It seems like a long time since I had a chance to make something, and it has been even longer since I've posted about making something. At last, the drought has been broken with a set of three canvases painted to go along with the curtains I made during 2011. The theme: blue and cherry blossoms.
|After two years without a sink in our master bathroom, we finally have TWO!|
|Here is what the area looked like when we bought our home in 2008. Note the fancy wallpaper in the vanity, and the carpet around it.|
|And look up - there's more - take in that gorgeous wallpaper trim.|
|Needless to say, the look was removed before we even moved in. This is one of the more flattering photos of the area taken over the past two years.|
|Now, we are finally very proud owners of a double vanity unit. Excited is an understatement, and will be even more of an understatement when we add towel rails and fancy soap dispensers.|
I'm very pleased with my latest sewing project because:
- it is finished! - very few of the sewing projects I've started in the past six months have reached such a wonderfult state
- it is snuggly - three appealing textures are created by a plain cotton side, a brushed cotton side and a super-soft satin trim
- it is neat - I didn't even get puckers in the fabric when I was doing the criss-cross of overstitching to hold the outer layers and the batting together.
Following on from the huge success (well, I liked it) of the painting of my son's shadow, I present to you silhouettes of my two children, painted on the basement wall. It was tempting to use chalkboard paint, but I ended up using the same yellow and dark purple house paint used for the shadow painting in the previous blog. Now my husband will always have company beside him on his rowing machine. And if the children and I get bored over summer we can always go down to the cool basement and cut out paper cloths to tape onto their silhouettes.